PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE. PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG).
For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
The objective for the position described herein is to PPG’s Protective and Marine Coatings business meet the business’ objectives for profitable and sustainable growth. Furthermore, the position is expected to have a positive impact on the company’s sales objectives by developing relationships that would provide PMC with a competitive advantage at specifying accounts. The primary objective expected of the position would be to achieve inclusion in specifications identified as a PMC Market segment. This sales support function will ultimately provide front office support to the company’s sales organization for both domestic and global projects. The geographic area of responsibility will include the times zones known as Pacific and Mountain in the continental United States, and at some future date may include parts of Western Canada and Alaska.
Specific job details and responsibilities include:
1. Current Engineering and Specification Accounts – manage/develop relationships and specification positions with current engineering clients with focus in areas identified by the SBU as growth or core segments. These PMC segments include, but are not limited to, Power, Petro-Chemical / Oil & Gas, Other Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sport and Public/Public Venues. New Business Development / Ancillary segments – identify, pursue, negotiate, develop and implement specifications and product recommendations for and with new clients / accounts.
2. Policy compliance – manage all activities in compliance with PPG Blueprint objectives, EHS goals, Quality policy, business conduct and code of ethics policies.
3. Competitor Awareness – understand competitor offerings (products & services) and develop counter measures; provide information to management/functional personnel regarding the competition, competitive marketing and client perception.
4. Uncover opportunities for adjacencies within the PMC Engineering and Specification client base to grow business with marketing and product solutions.
5. Interact with internal sales team to support USCA development of the PMC Segment and develop / implement programs which support further sales and profit objectives.
6. Actively participate in industry functions that develop and strengthen skills necessary to support the Engineering / Specification client in their respective segments within the US and Canada. (Examples such as involvement in NACE, SSPC, CIS, and AWWA, to name a few.)
Requires a college degree is required, and one in engineering or a technical field is preferred. Candidates with a work history specifying or recommending protective coatings in the industries listed above are encouraged to apply. The candidate is expected to display strong and effective interpersonal skills and be proficient in writing, public speaking, and in negotiating. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel. Expected travel would likely exceed 50%.
Please apply for this position at www.ppg.com Careers – Job# 1200001872