We are searching for a Metallurgist who will support the engineering department as well as sales, purchasing, quality and manufacturing departments on material, welding and coating engineering issues. Theywill interface with internal departments as well as customers and suppliers.
- Maintain material specifications, weld procedures and data base of material codes and standards.
- Develop new material specifications to meet customer or industry requirements.
- Review customer material specifications and provide alternative solutions.
- Assist design engineers with selection of materials.
- Assist design engineers with selection of materials for performance in corrosive environments.
- Assist design engineers with selection of coatings.
- Assist procurement and quality with material issues including review of supplier documents.
- Disposition material non-conformance issues.
- Investigate failures in the field to provide analysis of cause and corrective measures
- Direct material analysis including preparation of samples.
- Develop new coating specifications.
- Direct corrosion testing and evaluation of test results.
- Write heat treatment procedures for materials and welding processes.
- Support developing new weld procedures including qualification, heat inputs and material selection.
- Revise welding procedures to correct errors, improve results and increase productivity.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist welding engineering with problems in welding.
- Assist welding engineering to develop preheat, inter-pass, and PWHT processes to be used to qualify new welding procedures.