Dow Advanced Materials has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Research Scientist supporting the Dow Coating Materials (DCM) business. This position is in the Application Development Laboratory located in Spring House, Pennsylvania.
Dow Coating Materials is the most innovative coatings raw material supplier in the world. We drive fundamental shifts in the coatings industry, moving the market as the expert’s expert in coatings solutions. Through our mission of collaboration, inspiration, innovation and growth, we provide material products, science, technology, and manufacturing solutions to the architectural and industrial coatings industry worldwide. Dow Coating Materials operates 43 manufacturing plants worldwide and 13 dedicated R&D facilities across all major geographic markets where Dow does business. For more information please visit http://www.dow.com/coating
This role supports new product innovation in the architectural coating area. The primary role is to conduct formulation and application development research of coating products utilizing polymeric binders developed in the synthesis lab.
- Direct, hands on involvement with the formulation, characterization and application development of new polymeric binder products against customer need for the global architectural or decorative coatings market.
- Actively explore and create proprietary intellectual asset with high industrial value
- Identify and create novel technology options in support of architectural coating market needs leveraging internal and external knowledge base
- Work as a part of multifunctional team with Synthesis, Technical Service, and Marketing personnel
- May also serve as a project leader and with supervisory responsibility of his/her laboratory team.