Nuplex Resins LLC, a global manufacturer of Industrial Coatings has an immediate opportunity for a Chemist or Scientist for its Louisville, KY facility. This position will report directly to the Applications Manager.
To assume the responsibilities of Applications and Technical Support activities for Industrial Coatings (metal, wood, plastics and concrete) and Architectural Coatings. To conduct research and development projects, and to provide technical support to both the Synthesis Laboratory and our resin customers. This support is in the field of paint technology and involves formulation, testing and evaluation of coatings. Emphasis is on waterborne coatings for Industrial and Architectural market segments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conduct own bench work in the lab, formulate waterborne paint, spray coatings and test coatings performance.
2. Utilize technical expertise to solve problems and interpret test data.
3. Support marketing and sales functions through technical interaction with customers. Provide technical service to the customers.
4. Develop technical information concerning our products.
5. Investigate customer complaints and problems. Identify product, scale up and manufacturing problems.
6. Ensures maintenance of accurate, up-to-date laboratory notebook and project data files for historical analysis, record retrieval, customer support, etc.
7. Write summary project reports; contribute to monthly and quarterly reports.
8. Contribute to various ongoing programs in safety, quality, regulatory and training.
9. Supports ISO standards, environmental, safety and quality programs.
10.Other duties assigned.