The Chemist I has the responsibility for commercializing new or existing coatings technology to support the revenue growth and objectives of the corporation. Working as part of a small, agile group, the Chemist will develop and test water-borne coatings for consumer and industrial applications. This will entail working on products from concept through completion, including formulation, raw material evaluation, pigmentation, testing, and development of application techniques, product scale up, and troubleshooting.
Rust-Oleum produces high volumes of quality solvent and water based coatings for consumer and industrial customers:
- Rust-Oleum Stops Rust
- Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Paints
- Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield
- Rust-Oleum Concrete Stains
- Rust-Oleum Specialty and Professional Brands
• Lead and execute projects for consumer and industrial maintenance coatings.
• Use sound data-based decision processes to draw conclusions from test results and provide input to the rest of the project team, on appropriate next steps on projects.
• Use the appropriate balance of theoretical and practical knowledge to accelerate the development and commercialization of consumer and industrial maintenance coatings.
• Develop new test methods as necessary to accelerate the development and commercialization of new products.
• Demonstrate leadership in the industry by making presentations at trade shows.
• Provide progress updates through the regular issuance of written and verbal reports.
• Work seamlessly as a member of cross-functional project teams.
• Provide training to Rust-Oleum marketing and field personnel, agents and customers.
• Maintain records of experiments, results and conclusions in a lab notebook.