Century Industrial Coatings is a dynamic and fast-growing manufacturer with a national sales presence, focusing on a variety of market segments including structural steel, coil, wood, oilfield, hardboard, and various OEM segments.
Century seeks an experienced Formulating Chemist to work in a laboratory / manufacturing environment to develop new paint and coating products and to maintain existing products in a competitive market. This position requires experience in the development of paint formulations, evaluation of raw materials, testing of finished products, development of quality control processes and support of production operations. The Formulating Chemist must also develop Product Data Sheets and MSDS documents and support Sales and Customer Service by providing technical assistance and information.
The following characteristics are considered most important in the applicants:
1) BA/BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related science.
2) Minimum 5 years experience developing coatings for industrial metal and wood markets.
3) Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects simultaneously to completion.
4) Experience in the demonstration and application of new coatings technology at customers' facilities.
5) Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy required.
6) Relocation to the East Texas area is required.
Some travel to customers' locations may be required.
Century Industrial Coatings offers competitive salary, health insurance, profit sharing retirement plan, life insurance, and disability insurance.
Resume may be e-mailed to email@example.com. or USPS mailed to
Century Industrial Coatings Inc.
Human Resources Department
P. O. Box 830
Jacksonville, Texas 75766
You can learn more about Century Industrial Coatings at www.centurypaint.com.