***TO BE CONSIDERED PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT http://bit.ly/cBEEJq - EMAILS WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY***
Well-established and financially secure PA-based small powder coatings manufacturer with exciting new products in development for niche applications has an exceptional career opportunity for an experienced powder coatings sales leader. Emphasis is on both reinforcing existing product sales to current and new customers, and developing business for innovative new products.
These new products are critical strategic initiatives. As they launch, Sales must effectively receive the ball from R&D and execute strongly without fumbling, in order to create, develop and nurture an innovative brand in the powder coatings market.
This is a highly visible role, reporting directly to the CEO, and much of the Company's future growth depends on how the Sales Director performs during this important time. If this type of challenge appeals to you, we want to hear from you!
This is a small company with limited infrastructure support, so you will be responsible for development and execution of the national sales plan, with significant direct sales responsibility as well as management of 3 reports: one sales person, one tech support and one customer service. You'll be self-sufficient and self-motivated with a lot of autonomy. Success will be measured in terms of both sales volume and profitability, for new and existing products.
Specific activities will include:
- Short-term priority is to build market share in existing products, increase existing market share and find new markets that the Company is not presently reaching.
- Develop annual sales plan including revenue/profit targets, and play a key role in brand creation & strategy.
- Identify, and win agreements with, strategic customers for partnership in new product rollout.
- Define target customer profile for new products – short run, highly customized applications will be a key component: job-shops and small OEMs.
- Identify these types of opportunity and establish best distribution options to reach national market.
- Engage hands-on with customers to create and foster a win-win, collaborative learning environment.
- Roll out the new products effectively, to both existing and new customers.
- Assign roles and responsibilities to direct reports for greatest productivity.
- Develop marketing collateral, web site content and other selling materials.
To succeed in this role, a combination of experience, education and personal character qualities is essential:
- At least 7 years current/recent experience in direct technical sales of thermoset powder coatings including meaningful experience with custom applications for job shop market (vs commodity purchasing for continuous production).
- Strong focus on new business vs. account management (hunter vs. farmer).
- Proven success in developing and executing on a game-changing new product introduction, including leadership role in sales plan development and execution.
- Experience in small company or BU with entrepreneurial environment with good understanding and enjoyment of typical variety of hats worn..
- Demonstrated ability to function with a degree of ambiguity while keeping a laser focus on strategic goals - ability to adjust course as needed, take calculated risks and manage a rapidly developing situation.
- Really enjoy and thrive in a small team environment vs. a large organization.
- Prior sales management experience.
- Travel ~50%.
- Critical thinking skills - ability to figure out the priorities and act accordingly to deliver results.
- Accountable - like to take responsibility for your actions and be rewarded for them.
- True leader & motivator - one who can engage and influence others even without direct reporting relationships.
- Ability to take the important things seriously, less important things less seriously, and the wisdom to know which is which.
- Good level of initiative; optimistic, energetic, can-do, problem-solving attitude.
- Good sense of humor and manageable ego are absolutely essential. If you can't laugh at yourself, someone else probably will.
In exchange for your expertise, energy, focus, inherent optimism and perseverance, the Company pays a salary plus commission/bonus. Good benefit plan; relocation assistance available. The Company is located in one of Money Magazine’s Best Places To Live, and your income dollar has great buying power.